Monday, August 8, 2011

Going HTML5

I redesigned my homepage last night, in tribute to Sir Tim Berners-Lee who invented the WWW 20 years ago, but actually really because there was an awful Flash movie on there i needed to replace. As i have been experimenting with Hype i decided it was time to redo my homepage with HTML5 i.e. cool shit.

To be honest my homepage these days just acts as a glorified signpost to my blogs which is where all the real action is. I have web space with my ISP which i use for some CGI programming so i keep a home page on there too for old time sake more than anything. So there it is, it maybe overdoes the animation and effects a bit but i wanted to test out what Hype and HTML5 could do. It looks a lot better on my iPad than the old one did anyway i.e. it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment