Sunday, December 4, 2011

Worcester and canal art

I returned to Worcester yesterday, only a couple of weeks after my last visit, only this time to take my Mum there and didn't go on some canal exploration epic. Since my Dad died a couple of years ago she doesn't go to that many places mostly because she doesn't know how. Sometimes it is easy to take for granted how easy it is to travel around, use the train et cetera but when you have spent decades letting someone else make the decisions and doing the organisation when you then have to do it yourself i guess it is pretty daunting. I took her to Stratford for the same reason in the Summer, though she hasn't yet made the trip herself as she said she would, i guess inertia is also another factor.

There was a Winter Fayre in the city and i bought a nice vase at a stall selling hand painted canal style goods. I did want a watering can though but someone beat me to it! I might just get it off their website instead.
Worcester 03/12/11

No comments:

Post a Comment