Monday, April 30, 2012

Piper Cherokee Arrow

Project 029 has now been completed (bar some varnishing) and is a Piper Cherokee Arrow. I'm not that happy with the finished result, it was one of those projects where if something was going to go wrong it often did. This included an experiment with acrylic paint (as i have used enamel up until now). I really hated the paint so reverted to enamel but the parts that were done in acrylic first are a bit lumpy now because of the layers. Its a shame this kit was not completed to a higher standard as it meant a lot to me, i originally did this model years ago when my Nan bought me it so on this second attempt i wanted it to be perfect, still it is a lot better this time around but then again i was about 9 last time i did this kit...
Hot on this kit's heels are the first 2 railway kits which i got last week. I am doing both 16 ton mineral wagon kits together as the older Airfix boxed model has no instructions, not that they are complicated kits but of course there is still a lot that can go wrong knowing me...

No comments:

Post a Comment